- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 573
- Carbohydrate Content: 19g
- Fat Content: 41g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 29g
- Saturated Fat Content: 16g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
- Sugar Content: 2g
Rib-eye with steak pan potatoes & peas Recipe
Rib-eye with steak pan potatoes & peas is a Summer family recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has steak, garlic clove and red wine vinegar.
- Garlic Clove - 2 garlic cloves, grated
- Olive Oil - 4 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- Butter - 25g butter
- New Potato - 12 new potatoes, quartered
- Radish - 8 radishes, sliced, any leaves picked and washed
- Red Wine Vinegar - 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Steak - 2 rib-eye steaks, about 300g each and 2cm thick
- Peas - 50g frozen peas or fresh
- Flatten the steaks out slightly with your hands. Mix the garlic with the vinegar and a large pinch of salt and rub over both sides of the steaks and set aside.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 8-10 mins until just tender, then drain and set aside. Meanwhile, heat the oil and butter in a largenon-stick frying panover a high heat and sizzle the steaks for 5-6 mins on each side until nicely seared, then sit on a board to rest. Add the potatoes and pan-fry until starting to brown.
- Pour some boiling water over the peas, then drain and add to the pan with the sliced radishes to heat through for 2 mins, then toss in the radish leaves (if you have them) for 30 secs.
- Carve the steaks into thick slices and drizzle with a bit more oil and some seasoning to make a dressing with the juices. Fan out the meat and serve with the potatoes in a bowl on the side.