- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 476
- Carbohydrate Content: 44g
- Fat Content: 28g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 12g
- Saturated Fat Content: 16g
- Sodium Content: 0.92g
- Sugar Content: 4g
Risotto with peas & broad beans Recipe
Risotto with peas & broad beans is a Risotto recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has olive oil, butter and onion.
- Parmesan - 50g parmesan or vegetarian alternative, finely grated
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- Onion - 1 small onion or 2 shallots, chopped
- Vegetable Stock - 600ml hot vegetable stock
- Butter - 100g cold butter, diced
- Pea - 200g fresh peas, podded (about 1kg/2lb 4oz unpodded weight)
- Risotto Rice - 175g risotto rice
- White Wine - 100ml white wine
- Broad Bean - 200g broad beans, podded (about 1kg/2lb 4oz unpodded weight)
- Heat oil and 25g of the butter in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 4-5 mins. Stir in the rice and cook for a further 2 mins. Turn up the heat and add the wine, let it bubble to evaporate the alcohol.
- Once the wine has reduced, begin adding the hot stock a ladle at a time over a medium heat, allowing each addition to be absorbed before adding the next and stirring continuously. The rice should always be moist, but not swimming in liquid. The process of adding and stirring should take about 16-20 mins, depending on what kind of risotto rice you use.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and blanch the peas and beans for 2-3 mins. Drain and set aside. Remove the risotto from the heat and stir in the remaining butter, Parmesan, peas and beans with some seasoning before serving.