- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 4 or 6 as a starter Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 274
- Carbohydrate Content: 17g
- Fat Content: 15g
- Fiber Content: 11g
- Protein Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Sodium Content: 1.91g
- Sugar Content: 10g
Pea risotto Recipe
Pea risotto is a Risotto recipe for 4 or 6 as a starter people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has butter, onion and pea.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - extra-virgin olive oil, to drizzle (optional)
- Parmesan - 25g parmesan, or vegetarian alternative, grated
- Onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- Vegetable Stock - 1.7l hot vegetable stock
- Butter - 50g butter
- Pea - 300g frozen or cooked fresh peas
- Risotto Rice - 350g risotto rice
- White Wine - 200ml white wine
- Melt the butter in a large pan, add the onion and gently sweat for about 10 mins until really soft. Meanwhile, put 100g peas into a food processor with a ladleful of stock and whizz until completely pureed.
- Stir the rice into the onion, increase heat to medium and sizzle the rice for 1 min. Pour in the wine, then bubble and stir until completely absorbed. Continue cooking like this, adding a ladleful of stock at a time, and stirring continuously until the rice is tender and has a good creamy consistency - this will take 20-30 mins.
- Stir in the pureed peas, remaining peas, Parmesan and some seasoning, then turn off the heat and leave to stand for a few mins. Give the risotto a final stir, spoon into shallow bowls and top with some pea shoots and a drizzle of olive oil, if you like.