- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 318
- Carbohydrate Content: 16g
- Fat Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 38g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 2.01g
- Sugar Content: 3g
Roast fish with chickpeas & ginger Recipe
Roast fish with chickpeas & ginger is a Healthier roast recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has vegetable oil, spice and root ginger.
- Coriander - large handful coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
- Vegetable Oil - 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Red Chilli - 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Chopped Tomato - 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Spice - 3 tsp Thai 7- spice (we used Schwartz)
- Chickpea - 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Root Ginger - very large knob root ginger (about 100g), peeled and finely chopped or grated
- Fish - 4 white fish fillets, approx 175g each
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Heat the oil in a deep, ovenproof frying pan, tip in the 7-spice and sizzle for a moment. Add the ginger and chilli, give it a stir, then add the chickpeas, stirring to coat them with the spices. Pour in the tomatoes, season to taste and bring to the boil.
- Season the fish and place on top of the chickpea mix, skin side down. Splash some of the sauce over the fish, then roast for 12 mins, or until the fish flakes when gently pressed. Scatter over the coriander and serve.