- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Serving: 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 492
- Carbohydrate Content: 7g
- Fat Content: 28g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 44g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
- Sugar Content: 6g
Roast pork with fennel & rosemary Recipe
Roast pork with fennel & rosemary is a Winter roasts recipe for 6 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has fennel seed, black peppercorn and garlic clove.
- Garlic Clove - 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- Onion - 1 onion, thickly sliced
- Rosemary - 1 tbsp finely chopped rosemary
- Orange - 1 orange, with zest from 1/2 grated
- Black Peppercorn - 1 tsp black peppercorns
- White Wine - 400ml white wine
- Fennel Seed - 2 tsp fennel seed
- Pork - 1 1/2 kg pork roasting joint, such as boned shoulder or loin
- Redcurrant - 1 tbsp redcurrant or other fruit jelly
- Crush the fennel seeds and peppercorns coarsely using a pestle and mortar. Add the garlic and some salt, and crush again to make a paste. Stir in orange zest along with the rosemary and oil.
- Rub the paste all over the pork, then cover with foil. You can now cook the pork or leave it covered in the fridge for up to 24 hrs.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Thickly slice the orange and place in the base of a roasting tin with the onion. Put the pork on top and pour 600ml water into the tin. Roast the joint for 1 hr, add the wine to the tin, then roast for 1 hr more. Baste the joint a few times and add a splash more water if needed.
- Remove the joint from the oven, strain off the meat juices, tightly cover joint with foil, then leave to rest for 15 mins. Pour meat juices into a pan, add the jelly and bring to the boil, stirring to dissolve it. Taste and add seasoning if necessary. Thickly slice the pork and serve with a little of the juices poured over.