- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 2 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 360
- Carbohydrate Content: 24g
- Fat Content: 17g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 1g
- Sugar Content: 22g
Roast squash & kale salad with orange dressing Recipe
Immune-friendly recipe for 2 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has red onion, garlic clove, butternut squash, rapeseed oil, caraway seed, kale, pomegranate seed, feta, orange, cider vinegar, rapeseed oil and pumpkin seeds.
- Garlic Clove - 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- Red Onion - 2 red onions, each cut into 4 thick rings
- Cider Vinegar - 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- Butternut Squash - 8 small wedges of butternut squash (prepared weight 250g/9oz)
- Kale - 1/2 x 60g bag baby kale
- Orange - 1 orange
- Feta - 50g feta, crumbled
- Rapeseed Oil - 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- Caraway Seed - 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- Pomegranate Seed - 50g pomegranate seeds (about 1/4 of a large fruit)
- Pumpkin Seeds - 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the onions, garlic and squash in the oil, then arrange in a single layer on a baking tray and roast for 25 mins.
- Remove the garlic and set aside, turn the veg over with a fish slice, sprinkle over the caraway and return to the oven for 10 mins more.
- To make the dressing, pare the zest from half the orange and put in a bowl. Cut the peel and pith from the orange with a sharp knife. Working over the bowl to catch the juices, cut out the segments from between the membrane. Stir in the vinegar, oil and pumpkin seeds. Discard the skin of the roasted garlic, mash the soft cloves and add to the bowl. Stir well.
- Pile the roasted veg onto a platter or plates, top with the kale, then spoon over the dressing and toss. Scatter over the pomegranate seeds and feta, and serve.