- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 318
- Carbohydrate Content: 29g
- Fat Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 36g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.36g
- Sugar Content: 0g
Roast fish & chips with orange raita Recipe
Roast fish & chips with orange raita is a Healthier roast recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has baking potato, sweet potato and olive oil.
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp chilli oil or olive oil
- Baking Potato - 3 medium baking potatoes, scrubbed
- Red Onion - 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Natural Yogurt - 3 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
- Mint - 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Cucumber - 1/4 cucumber, finely chopped
- Sweet Potato - 2 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- White Wine Vinegar - 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Orange - 1 large orange
- Cumin Seed - 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- Fish - 4 white fish fillets, each weighing about 175g/6oz
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6/fan 180C. Cut each potato and sweet potato lengthways into 6 or 8 wedges - no need to peel. Tip into a roasting pan and drizzle with the oil. Season, toss well, then roast for 40-45 minutes until tender, turning them halfway through.
- Peel the orange with a sharp, serrated knife to remove the pith - do this over a bowl to catch the juice, which you'll need later. Cut out the segments, removing any membrane, then chop them. Mix with the cucumber, onion, mint, vinegar and yogurt. Add a little salt and pepper, then set aside, covered.
- Brush a baking sheet with oil and put the fish on top. Season, sprinkle with the orange juice and the cumin. Roast above the chips for 12-15 minutes until the chips are cooked. Serve with the orange raita.