- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 194
- Carbohydrate Content: 13g
- Fat Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
- Sugar Content: 4g
Roasted spiced cauliflower Recipe
Roasted spiced cauliflower is a Healthy dinner recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has ras el hanout, cinnamon and smoked paprika.
- Flat Leaf Parsley - small handful flat-leaf parsley, leaves only, chopped
- Garlic Clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Olive Oil - 1 tsp olive oil
- Smoked Paprika - 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Chickpea - 400g can chickpeas, drained
- Mint - small handful mint, leaves only, chopped
- Lemon - juice 2 lemons
- Greek Yogurt - 170g pot Greek yogurt
- Tahini - 2 tbsp tahini
- Cinnamon - 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pitta Bread - 2 wholemeal pitta breads (or gluten-free alternative)
- Cauliflower - 1 small cauliflower
- Ras El Hanout - 1 tsp ras el hanout
- Pomegranate Seed - 110g pack pomegranate seeds (or seeds from 1 small pomegranate)
- Sunflower Seed - 2 tbsp sunflower seeds, toasted
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. In a small bowl, mix together the ras el hanout, cinnamon, paprika, garlic, oil and yogurt. Take the cauliflower and remove the outer leaves and the base of the stalk so that it sits flat in a large roasting tin. Rub the spiced yogurt mixture all over it then pour 100ml water into the roasting tin around the base of the cauliflower. Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 45 mins.
- Meanwhile, put the tahini in a bowl and slowly add the lemon juice, stirring constantly, to make a smooth sauce - it should be the consistency of single cream. Chill until needed.
- When the cauliflower has roasted, remove the foil and return to the oven for a further 10-15 mins. Put the chickpeas in a saucepan with 50ml water and cook over a medium heat until piping hot. Season, then crush with a potato masher - you want some to be smooth and others to be just a little broken. Stir in 1 tsp of the tahini sauce.
- Take the cauliflower out of the oven and put the pitta bread in to warm for 2-3 mins while you cut the cauliflower into 8 wedges.
- To serve, place a warmed pitta bread on each plate, top with the crushed chickpeas followed by the cauliflower wedges. Drizzle with the remaining tahini sauce and sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds, sunflower seeds and herbs. Serve warm or cold.