- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 12 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 320
- Carbohydrate Content: 63g
- Fat Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.74g
- Sugar Content: 49g
Santa's mince pie diamonds Recipe
Santa's mince pie diamonds is a Mince pies recipe for 12 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has butter, filo pastry and dried fruit.
- Lemon - zest 1 lemon
- Butter - 100g butter, melted
- Brown Sugar - 1 heaped tsp brown sugar
- Cinnamon - 1 tsp cinnamon
- Clear Honey - 2 tbsp clear honey
- Mixed Spice - 1 tsp mixed spice
- Filo Pastry - 14 filo pastry sheets
- Dried Fruit - 500g bag mixed dried fruit
- Dried Berries - 140g dried berries (including cranberries and cherries)
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6 and grease an 18 x 28cm baking tray with melted butter. Brush a sheet of filo pastry with melted butter and lay buttered side up in the tray. Repeat with 4 more sheets, brushing each layer with melted butter. In a large bowl, mix all of the dried fruit, brown sugar, spices and honey together. Spoon a third of the filling into the tray in an even layer. Cover with 3 buttered sheets of filo. Continue until you have 3 layers of fruit, sandwiched and topped with 3 sheets of buttered filo.
- Brush the top with melted butter, then, using a sharp knife, carefully cut into diamond shapes. Sprinkle with a little water (to prevent the corners curling) and bake for 30 mins until golden brown.
- Warm the zest, honey and 2 tbsp water in a pan, then pour over the still-warm pastry. Leave to cool in the tray before loosening the pieces and arranging on a plate to serve.