- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 448
- Carbohydrate Content: 46g
- Fat Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 9g
- Protein Content: 33g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Sodium Content: 0.71g
- Sugar Content: 19g
Slow cooker lasagne Recipe
Slow cooker lasagne is a Healthy winter recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has rapeseed oil, onion and celery stick.
- Chopped Tomatoes - 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Beef - 400g lean (5% fat) mince beef
- Garlic Clove - 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Parmesan - 15g finely grated parmesan
- Onion - 2 onions, finely chopped
- Milk - 400ml whole milk
- Carrot - 4 carrots (320g), finely diced
- Bay Leaf - 1 bay leaf
- Celery Stick - 4 celery sticks (about 175g), finely diced
- Tomato Puree - 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Balsamic Vinegar - 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Rapeseed Oil - 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- Nutmeg - generous grating of nutmeg
- Vegetable Bouillon - 2 tsp vegetable bouillon
- Flour - 50g wholemeal flour
- Lasagne - 6 wholewheat lasagne sheets (105g)
- Thyme Leaves - 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- Heat theslow cookerif necessary. Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan and fry the onions, celery, carrots and garlic for 5-10 mins, stirring frequently until softened and starting to colour. Tip in the meat and break it down with a wooden spoon, stirring until it browns. Pour in the tomatoes with a quarter of a can of water, the tomato puree, bouillon, balsamic vinegar, thyme and plenty of black pepper, return to the boil and cook for 5 mins more.
- Spoon half the mince in the slow cooker and top with half the lasagne, breaking it where necessary so it covers as much of the meat layer as possible. Top with the rest of the meat, and then another layer of the lasagne. Cover and cook on Low while you make the sauce.
- Tip the milk and flour into a pan with the bay leaf and nutmeg and cook on the hob, whisking continuously until thickened. Carry on cooking for a few mins to cook the flour. Remove the bay leaf and stir in the cheese. Pour onto the pasta and spread out with aspatula, then cover and cook for 3 hours until the meat is cooked and the pasta is tender. Allow to settle for 10 mins before serving with salad.