- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 592
- Carbohydrate Content: 45g
- Fat Content: 29g
- Fiber Content: 10g
- Protein Content: 38g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 1.4g
- Sugar Content: 12g
Smoky pork & black bean tacos Recipe
Smoky pork & black bean tacos is a Mexican recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has vegetable oil, red onion and ground cumin.
- Coriander - small bunch coriander, chopped
- Vegetable Oil - 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Red Onion - 1/2 red onion, chopped
- Soured Cream - soured cream, to serve (optional)
- Black Bean - 400g can black bean, drained
- Ground Cumin - 2 tsp each smoked paprika and ground cumin
- Iceberg Lettuce - 1/2 iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- Passata - 300ml passata
- Avocado - 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- Taco - 8 taco shells
- Pork Mince - 500g pack lean pork mince
- Barbecue Sauce - 5 tbsp barbecue sauce
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and cook for 5 mins until softened. Sprinkle over the spices and cook for 1 min more. Add the mince, breaking it up with the back of a wooden spoon, and stir until cooked through.
- Stir the passata and barbecue sauce into the pan along with 4 tbsp water. Increase the heat and allow the sauce to bubble and reduce until it clings to the meat. Add the beans, season and cook for a further 2 mins, then stir in the coriander. Heat the tacos following pack instructions.
- Use the pork and bean mix to fill the tacos, top with slices of avocado, shredded iceberg lettuce and a dollop of soured cream, if you like.