- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 2 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 431
- Carbohydrate Content: 39g
- Fat Content: 24g
- Fiber Content: 10g
- Protein Content: 24g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 1.4g
- Sugar Content: 15g
Smoky sweet potato & bean cakes with citrus salad Recipe
Healthy sweet potato recipe for 2 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has sweet potato, red kidney beans, spring onion, coriander, chipotle paste, sunflower oil, mayonnaise, lime, little gem lettuce, cucumber and carrot.
- Coriander - small bunch of coriander, chopped
- Spring Onion - 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- Carrot - 1 carrot, halved lengthways and sliced on the diagonal
- Mayonnaise - 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Lime - juice 1 lime
- Cucumber - 1/2 cucumber, halved lengthways and sliced on the diagonal
- Sweet Potato - 1 sweet potato (about 200g), cut into cubes
- Sunflower Oil - 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- Little Gem Lettuce - 1 Little Gem lettuce, torn
- Chipotle Paste - 1 tbsp chipotle paste
- Red Kidney Beans - 400g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Microwave the sweet potato on High for 6 mins until tender. Lightly mash the beans, then add the potatoes, 2 spring onions, coriander, chipotle paste and seasoning. Mash a little more until the potato is combined. Shape into 4 cakes.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, then fry the bean cakes for 4-5 mins each side.
- Meanwhile, mix the mayo, lime juice and seasoning in a bowl. Add remaining onion and salad ingredients and toss well. Serve alongside the bean cakes.