- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 870
- Carbohydrate Content: 95g
- Fat Content: 37g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 46g
- Saturated Fat Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 1.34g
- Sugar Content: 13g
Spaghetti & meatballs Recipe
Spaghetti & meatballs is a Pasta recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has pork sausage, beef mince and onion.
- Red Wine - 125ml red wine (optional)
- Garlic Clove - 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- Parmesan - 85g parmesan, grated, plus extra to serve if you like
- Basil Leaf - few basil leaves (optional)
- Spaghetti - spaghetti, to serve (you'll need about 100g per portion)
- Olive Oil - olive oil, for roasting
- Onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- Chopped Tomato - 4 x 400g cans chopped tomato
- Egg - 2 eggs, beaten with a fork
- Parsley - 1/2 a large bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Caster Sugar - 3 tbsp caster sugar
- Breadcrumb - 100g fresh breadcrumbs
- Beef Mince - 1kg beef mince
- Pork Sausage - 8 good-quality pork sausages
- First make the meatballs. Split the skins of 8 good-quality pork sausages and squeeze out the meat into your largestmixing bowl.
- Add 1kg beef mince, 1 finely chopped onion, 1/2 large bunch flat-leaf parsley, 85g grated parmesan, 100g fresh breadcrumbs, 2 beaten eggs and lots of seasoning. Get your hands in and mix together really well - the more you squeeze and mash the mince, the more tender the meatballs will be.
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
- Roll the mince mixture into about 50 golf-ball-size meatballs. Set aside any meatballs for freezing, allowing about 5 per portion, then spread the rest out in a largeroasting tin- the meatballs will brown better if spaced out a bit.
- Drizzle with a little oil (about 1 tsp per portion), shake to coat, then roast for 20-30 mins until browned.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Heat 3 tbsp olive oil in yourlargest pan. Add 4 crushed garlic cloves and sizzle for 1 min.
- Stir in four 400g cans chopped tomatoes, 125ml red wine, if using, 3 tbsp caster sugar, 1/2 a large bunch flat-leaf parsley and seasoning. Simmer for 15-20 mins until slightly thickened.
- Stir in a few basil leaves, if using, spoon out any portions for freezing, then add the cooked meatballs to the pan to keep warm while you boil the spaghetti (you'll need about 100g per portion).
- Spoon the sauce and meatballs over spaghetti, or stir them all together and serve with extraparmesanand a few basil leaves, if you like.