- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 469
- Carbohydrate Content: 72g
- Fat Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 16g
- Protein Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.2g
- Sugar Content: 20g
Spice-crusted aubergines & peppers with pilaf Recipe
Gluten-free recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has aubergine, extra virgin olive oil, red pepper, ground cinnamon, chilli flakes, za'atar, pomegranate molasses, puy lentils, basmati rice, seed, flat-leaf parsley and yogurt.
- Yogurt - Greek or coconut yogurt, to serve
- Red Pepper - 2 red peppers, quartered
- Flat Leaf Parsley - small pack flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Chilli Flakes - 2 tsp chilli flakes
- Aubergine - 2 large aubergines, halved
- Puy Lentils - 140g Puy lentils
- Ground Cinnamon - 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Basmati Rice - 140g basmati rice
- Seed - seeds from 1 pomegranate
- Pomegranate Molasses - 4 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- Za'Atar - 2 tsp za'atar
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Using a sharp knife, score a diamond pattern into the aubergines. Brush with 1 tbsp of the oil, season well and place on a baking tray, cut-side down. Cook in the oven for 15 mins. Add the peppers to the tray, turn the aubergines over and drizzle everything with the remaining oil. Sprinkle over the spices, 1 tbsp of the pomegranate molasses and a little salt. Roast in the oven for 15 mins more.
- Boil the lentils in plenty of water until al dente. After they've been boiling for 5 mins, add the rice. Cook for 10 mins or until cooked through but with a bit of bite. Drain and return to the pan, covered with a lid to keep warm.
- Stir the pomegranate seeds and parsley through the lentil rice. Divide between four plates or tip onto a large platter. Top with the roasted veg, a dollop of yogurt and the remaining pomegranate molasses drizzled over.