- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 159
- Carbohydrate Content: 31g
- Fat Content: 3g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
- Sugar Content: 30g
Spiced glazed pineapple with cinnamon fromage frais Recipe
Caribbean recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has lime, clear honey, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, icing sugar, fromage frais, butter and pineapple.
- Butter - 2 tsp butter
- Lime - zest and juice 1 lime
- Nutmeg - few gratings whole nutmeg
- Ground Cinnamon - 2 pinches ground cinnamon
- Pineapple - 1 fresh pineapple, cut into 8 long wedges, skin and core removed
- Clear Honey - 2 tbsp clear honey
- Fromage Frais - 200g very low-fat fromage frais
- Icing Sugar - 2 tsp icing sugar, sifted
- Mix the lime juice and half the lime zest with 1 tbsp honey, a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg. Set this sauce aside. Stir the icing sugar and a pinch of cinnamon into the fromage frais.
- Heat the butter and remaining honey in a non-stick frying pan until melted. Add the pineapple and cook over a high heat for 8 mins, turning regularly until caramelised. Pour in the spiced lime sauce and bubble for a few secs, tossing the pineapple to glaze in the sauce.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with the remaining lime zest and accompanied by a dollop of the cinnamon fromage frais