- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 2 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 264
- Carbohydrate Content: 19g
- Fat Content: 14g
- Fiber Content: 10g
- Protein Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 1.2g
- Sugar Content: 18g
Spiced halloumi & pineapple burger with zingy slaw Recipe
Healthy burger recipe for 2 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has red cabbage, carrot, radishes, coriander, lime, rapeseed oil, chilli flakes, chipotle paste, halloumi, pineapple and little gem lettuce.
- Coriander - 1 small pack coriander, chopped
- Carrot - 2 carrots, grated
- Chilli Flakes - big pinch of chilli flakes
- Lime - 2 limes, juiced
- Red Cabbage - 1/2 red cabbage, grated
- Little Gem Lettuce - 1 Little Gem lettuce, divided into 4 lettuce cups, or 2 small seeded burger buns, cut in half, to serve (optional)
- Rapeseed Oil - 1 tbsp cold-pressed rapeseed oil
- Chipotle Paste - 1 tbsp chipotle paste
- Pineapple - 2 small slices of fresh pineapple
- Halloumi - 60g halloumi, cut into 4 slices
- Radishes - 100g radishes, sliced
- Heat the barbecue. Put the cabbage, carrot, radish and coriander in a bowl. Pour over the lime juice, add 1/2 tbsp oil and the chilli flakes, then season with salt and pepper. Give everything a good mix with your hands. This can be done a few hours before and kept in the fridge.
- Mix the remaining oil with the chipotle paste then coat the halloumi slices in the mixture. Put the halloumi slices on a sheet of foil and put on thebarbecuewith the pineapple (or use a searing hotgriddle panif cooking inside). Cook for 2 mins on each side until the cheese is golden, and the pineapple is beginning to caramelise. Brush the buns with the remaining chipotle oil, then put your burger buns, if using, cut-side down, on the barbecue for the last 30 seconds of cooking to toast.
- Assemble your burgers with the lettuce or buns. Start with a handful of the slaw, then add halloumi and pineapple. Serve with the remaining slaw.