- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 8 as a starter or 20 canapés Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 569
- Carbohydrate Content: 39g
- Fat Content: 34g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 24g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14g
- Sodium Content: 2.9g
- Sugar Content: 39g
Spiced honey-glazed halloumi & fig salad Recipe
New Year's Eve recipe for 8 as a starter or 20 canapes people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has fig, honey, ras el hanout, olive oil, halloumi, sherry vinegar, rocket, prosciutto and almond.
- Olive Oil - 100ml olive oil
- Rocket - 150g rocket
- Prosciutto - 2 x 80g packs prosciutto
- Sherry Vinegar - 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- Almond - 2 tbsp flaked almonds, toasted
- Honey - 60g honey
- Ras El Hanout - 2 tsp ras el hanout
- Fig - 10 fresh figs, halved
- Halloumi - 2 x 250g blocks halloumi, thickly sliced, then halved
- Heat the grill to its highest setting. Put the fig halves on one half of abaking sheetand drizzle with half the honey. Dry-fry the ras el hanout in a hot pan for 1 min. Mix the remaining honey with the toasted ras el hanout and 2 tbsp of the olive oil. Toss the slices of halloumi in the mixture and spread out on the other half of the baking sheet. Grill everything for 3 mins, flip the halloumi over and put back under the grill for a further 3 mins or until the halloumi is golden and the figs are softened.
- Whiskthe remaining oil with the sherry vinegar and season to taste. Arrange handfuls of the rocket on six plates and drizzle with the dressing. Top with the figs, halloumi and prosciutto, then finish with the toasted almonds.