- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 105
- Carbohydrate Content: 8g
- Fat Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.27g
- Sugar Content: 1g
Spicy falafels Recipe
Spicy falafels is a Turkish recipe for 6 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has oil, onion and garlic.
- Cumin - 1 tsp ground cumin
- Coriander - 1 tsp ground coriander (or use more cumin)
- Onion - 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Egg - 1 egg, beaten
- Chickpea - 400g can chickpea, washed and drained
- Parsley - handful parsley, chopped, or 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Oil - 2 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- Garlic - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pan, then fry the onion and garlic over a low heat for 5 mins until softened. Tip into a large mixing bowl with the chickpeas and spices, then mash together with a fork or potato masher until the chickpeas are totally broken down. Stir in the parsley or dried herbs, with seasoning to taste. Add the egg, then squish the mixture together with your hands.
- Mould the mix into 6 balls, then flatten into patties. Heat the remaining oil in the pan, then fry the falafels on a medium heat for 3 mins on each side, until golden brown and firm. Serve hot or cold with couscous, pitta bread or salad.