- Serving: 4 as a starter
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 156
- Fat Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 5g
- Sugar Content: 3g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 0.88g
Steamed clams in saffron & spring green broth
- chicken-stock - 700ml hot, low-salt chicken stock
- chorizo - 75g diced chorizo
- garlic - 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- saffron - pinch of saffron strands
- spring-green - 2 small heads of spring greens, finely shredded
- clam - 1kg small live clams or cockles, washed well
- parsley - 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- lemon - lemon wedges, to serve
- Place the stock, chorizo, garlic and saffron in a large pan and bring to the boil. Add the greens, cover and cook for 2 mins until completely wilted.
- Add the clams, cover and cook over a high heat for 4-5 mins until every clam has opened. Stir in the chopped parsley.
- Using a slotted spoon, divide the greens and clams between large, shallow bowls then ladle over the broth. Drizzle with oil and serve with the lemon to squeeze over.
Paleo recipe for 4 as a starter people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has chicken stock, chorizo, garlic, saffron, spring green, clam, parsley, olive oil and lemon.