- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Serving: 2 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 640
- Carbohydrate Content: 101g
- Fat Content: 14g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 33g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 2.4g
- Sugar Content: 15g
Spring veg & prawn stir-fry Recipe
Spring veg & prawn stir-fry is a Stir-fry recipe for 2 people, takes only 35 mins; recipe has rice, sesame seed and vegetable oil.
- Vegetable Oil - 1 tbsp vegetable oil or sunflower oil
- Spring Onion - 3 spring onions, sliced
- Hoisin Sauce - 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- Root Ginger - small knob of root ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- Prawn - 200g pack frozen cooked prawn, defrosted and drained
- Rice - 200g brown rice
- Sesame Seed - 1 tbsp sesame seed
- Baby Carrot - 300g mixed baby carrot and parsnips, halved lengthways
- Boil the rice for 25 mins or until tender, drain, cool quickly under cold water, then drain again. Toast the sesame seeds in a dry wok until golden, then tip onto a plate and set aside. Heat the wok until really hot, then add the oil and ginger and stir-fry for 30 secs. Add the carrots, hoisin sauce and half a cup of water, then cover and cook over a high heat for 4 mins. Add the parsnips, re-cover and cook for another 3 mins.
- Tip in the rice and cook until piping hot. Throw in the prawns and spring onions for 1-2 mins until warmed through. Serve sprinkled with the toasted sesame seeds.