- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 2 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 424
- Carbohydrate Content: 4g
- Fat Content: 33g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 27g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9g
- Sodium Content: 0.19g
- Sugar Content: 4g
Teriyaki beef & lettuce cups Recipe
Teriyaki beef & lettuce cups is a New Year's Eve recipe for 2 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has sirloin steak, teriyaki sauce and cucumber.
- Coriander - 2 tbsp coriander, roughly chopped
- Red Chilli - 1 red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- Red Onion - 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- Lime - juice 1/2 lime
- Cucumber - 1/2 cucumber
- Little Gem Lettuce - 6 Little Gem lettuces leaves
- Sirloin Steak - 350g trimmed sirloin steak
- Teriyaki Sauce - 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce marinade, (we used Kikkoman teriyaki marinade)
- Put the steak between two sheets of cling film and beat with a rolling pin until half its original thickness. Thinly slice the steak, then mix with the teriyaki marinade in a bowl. Leave to marinate for 5-10 mins.
- Roughly dice the cucumber and mix with the chopped coriander and lime juice. Season with a little salt.
- Heat a frying pan until very hot, then fry the steak slices for 1 1/2 -2 1/2 mins for rare to medium, turning the slices halfway through.
- Pile the cucumber mixture into the lettuce leaves, then top with the seared teriyaki beef, chilli and red onion.