- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 305
- Carbohydrate Content: 46g
- Fat Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.9g
- Sugar Content: 2g
Toddler recipe: Microwave courgette and pea risotto with prawns Recipe
Toddler recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 21 mins; recipe has risotto rice, garlic clove, spring onion, chicken stock, peas, courgette, cheddar and prawn.
- Garlic Clove - 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- Spring Onion - 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Cheddar - 50g grated medium or mature cheddar, plus extra to serve
- Courgette - 1 large courgette, diced (see tips below)
- Chicken Stock - 900ml low-salt chicken stock (we used gluten-free Kallo, see tips below)
- Prawn - 140g cooked prawns (or chicken)
- Risotto Rice - 200g risotto rice
- Peas - 120g frozen peas
- Put the rice, garlic and spring onions into a large microwaveable bowl, then pour in 400ml stock. Cover with cling film and microwave on High for 10 mins. Stir the rice, then add another 250ml of the remaining stock, cover and microwave on High again for 3 mins.
- Stir the rice again, then add the frozen peas, courgette and the rest of the stock. Cover and microwave on the same setting for a further 8 mins. Stir in the cheese and prawns (or chicken if you prefer), then leave the risotto to stand for 2 mins. Scatter with more cheese and serve.