- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 813
- Carbohydrate Content: 78g
- Fat Content: 38g
- Fiber Content: 9g
- Protein Content: 33g
- Saturated Fat Content: 22g
- Sodium Content: 1g
- Sugar Content: 17g
Tuna & sundried tomato pasta bake Recipe
Tuna & sundried tomato pasta bake is a Pasta bake recipe for 6 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has rigatoni, chopped tomato and thyme sprig.
- Parmesan - 50g parmesan, grated
- Chopped Tomato - 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- Cheddar - 100g cheddar, grated
- Tuna - 3 x 120g cans tuna in spring water, drained
- Sundried Tomato - 280g jar sundried tomatoes, drained and quartered
- Thyme Sprig - 4 thyme sprigs, leaves only
- Sweetcorn - 198g can no-added-salt sweetcorn, drained
- Double Cream - 300ml double cream
- Rigatoni - 500g dried rigatoni (or any other short pasta)
- Heat the grill to its highest setting and put a large saucepan of salted water on to boil. Tip in the pasta and cook for 1 min less than the pack suggests.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by simmering the tomatoes in a pan with a little seasoning and the thyme for about 5 mins. Pour in the cream, stir and simmer for another 4-5 mins.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a little of the cooking water, and tip back into the saucepan. Pour over the creamy tomato sauce, the sundried tomatoes, sweetcorn and tuna. Layer into a baking dish (ours was 22 x 29cm), scattering over the grated cheddar between layers. Sprinkle the Parmesan on top and put under the grill for 5 mins until bubbling and golden.