- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 713
- Carbohydrate Content: 80g
- Fat Content: 30g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 28g
- Saturated Fat Content: 18g
- Sodium Content: 1.2g
- Sugar Content: 11g
Cauli cheese macaroni Recipe
Cauli cheese macaroni is a Easy pasta recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has macaroni, cauliflower and butter.
- Milk - 600ml full-fat milk
- Butter - 50g butter
- Garlic Cloves - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Thyme - small bunch thyme, leaves picked
- Flour - 50g flour
- Cauliflower - 1 small cauliflower, cut into florets
- Mature Cheddar - 140g extra mature cheddar, coarsely grated
- Macaroni - 300g macaroni or rigati
- Breadcrumbs - 50g breadcrumbs
- Heat the grill to its highest setting and bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Cook the pasta for 4 mins, then add the cauliflower for a further 8 mins. Drain, reserving 100ml of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium pan over a low heat and stir in the flour. Slowly pour in the milk, stirring constantly until it begins to thicken. Bubble for a few mins, then remove from the heat. Add the cheese, the reserved cooking water and seasoning to taste.
- Tip the pasta and cauliflower into a large casserole dish and stir through the cheese sauce. Mix together the garlic, breadcrumbs and thyme, and scatter over the top. Grill for 2-3 mins until bubbling.