- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 276
- Carbohydrate Content: 32g
- Fat Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 11g
- Protein Content: 12g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
- Sugar Content: 12g
Vegan chickpea curry jacket potatoes Recipe
Vegan chickpea curry jacket potatoes is a Healthy winter recipe for 4 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has sweet potato, coconut oil and cumin seeds.
- Chopped Tomatoes - 2 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Turmeric - 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Garlic Clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Onion - 1 large onion, diced
- Lemon - lemon wedges and coriander leaves, to serve
- Sweet Potato - 4 sweet potatoes
- Ginger - thumb-sized piece ginger, finely grated
- Garam Masala - 1 tsp garam masala
- Tikka Masala Paste - 2 tbsp tikka masala paste
- Cumin Seeds - 1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- Ground Coriander - 1 tsp ground coriander
- Chickpeas - 2 x 400g can chickpeas, drained
- Coconut Oil - 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Green Chilli - 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Prick the sweet potatoes all over with a fork, then put on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 45 mins or until tender when pierced with a knife.
- Meanwhile, melt the coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and fry for 1 min until fragrant, then add the onion and fry for 7-10 mins until softened.
- Put the garlic, ginger and green chilli into the pan, and cook for 2-3 mins. Add the spices and tikka masala paste and cook for a further 2 mins until fragrant, then tip in the tomatoes. Bring to a simmer, then tip in the chickpeas and cook for a further 20 mins until thickened. Season.
- Put the roasted sweet potatoes on four plates and cut open lengthways. Spoon over the chickpea curry and squeeze over the lemon wedges. Season, then scatter with coriander before serving.