- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 688
- Carbohydrate Content: 107g
- Fat Content: 20g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 18g
- Saturated Fat Content: 11g
- Sodium Content: 2g
- Sugar Content: 4g
Vegan pizza Margherita Recipe
Vegan pizza Margherita is a Pizza recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has strong white bread flour, dried yeast and caster sugar.
- Garlic Clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Olive Oil - 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra
- Basil - 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped (or 1/2 tsp dried oregano)
- Passata - 100ml passata
- Caster Sugar - 1 tsp caster sugar
- Tomatoes - 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Strong White Bread Flour - 500g strong white bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- Dried Yeast - 1 tsp dried yeast
- Vegan Mozzarella Style Cheese - 200g vegan mozzarella-style cheese, grated
- Put the flour, yeast and sugar in a large bowl. Measure 150ml of cold water and 150ml boiling water into a jug and mix them together - this will mean your water is a good temperature for the yeast. Add the oil and 1 tsp salt to the warm water then pour it over the flour. Stir well with a spoon then start to knead the mixture together in the bowl until it forms a soft and slightly sticky dough. If it's too dry add a splash of cold water.
- Dust a little flour on the work surface and knead the dough for 10 mins. Put it back in the mixing bowl and cover with cling film greased with a few drops of olive oil. Leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hr or until doubled in size.
- Heat oven to 220C/200C/gas 9 and put a baking sheet or pizza stone on the top shelf to heat up. Once the dough has risen, knock it back by punching it a couple of times with your fist then kneading it again on a floured surface. It should be springy and a lot less sticky. Set aside while you prepare the sauce.
- Put all the ingredients for the tomato sauce together in a bowl, season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar if you like and mix well. Set aside until needed.
- Divide the dough into 2 or 4 pieces (depending on whether you want to make large or small pizzas), shape into balls and flatten each piece out as thin as you can get it with a rolling pin or using your hands. Make sure the dough is well dusted with flour to stop it sticking. Dust another baking sheet with flour then put a pizza base on top - spread 4-5 tbsp of the tomato sauce on top and add some sliced tomatoes and grated vegan cheese. Drizzle with a little olive oil and bake in the oven on top of your preheated baking tray for 10-12 mins or until the base is puffed up and the vegan cheese has melted and is bubbling and golden in patches.
- Repeat with the rest of the dough and topping. Serve the pizzas with fresh basil leaves or chilli oil if you like and sprinkle overvegan parmesanjust after baking.