- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 543
- Carbohydrate Content: 97g
- Fat Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 18g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 1.3g
- Sugar Content: 2g
Vegan white pizza Recipe
Vegan white pizza is a Pizza recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has strong white bread flour, dried yeast and caster sugar.
- Garlic Clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Olive Oil - 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra
- Courgette - 1 sliced courgette, red chilli flakes, 2 tbsp nutritional yeast, rosemary sprigs, grated vegan pizza cheese, handful of fresh spinach leaves, cooked and cooled new potatoes, sliced
- Basil - fresh basil or oregano leaves, chilli oil and vegan parmesan
- Lemon Juice - 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- Nutmeg - 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Caster Sugar - 1 tsp caster sugar
- Silken Tofu - 150g silken tofu
- Almond Milk - 100ml almond milk
- Strong White Bread Flour - 500g strong white bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- Dried Yeast - 1 tsp dried yeast
- Put the flour, yeast and sugar in a large bowl. Measure 150ml of cold water and 150ml boiling water into a jug and mix them together - this will mean your water is a good temperature for the yeast. Add the oil and 1 tsp salt to the warm water then pour it over the flour. Stir well with a spoon then start to knead the mixture together in the bowl until it forms a soft and slightly sticky dough. If it's too dry add a splash of cold water.
- Dust a little flour on the work surface and knead the dough for 10 mins. Put it back in the mixing bowl and cover with cling film greased with a few drops of olive oil. Leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hr or until doubled in size.
- Heat oven to 220C/200C/gas 9 and put a baking sheet or pizza stone on the top shelf to heat up. Once the dough has risen, knock it back by punching it a couple of times with your fist then kneading it again on a floured surface. It should be springy and a lot less sticky. Set aside while you prepare the white sauce.
- Put all the ingredients for the sauce together in a blender (or in a jug and blend with a stick blender) until smooth and slightly thickened.
- Divide the dough into 2 or 4 pieces (depending on whether you want to make large or small pizzas) shape into balls and flatten each piece out as thin as you can get it with a rolling pin or using your hands. Make sure the dough is well dusted with flour to stop it sticking. Dust another baking sheet with flour then put a pizza base on top - spread 5-6 tbsp of the white sauce mixture on top and add your chosen toppings then drizzle with a little olive oil. Put it in the oven on top of your preheated baking tray and cook for 10-12 mins or until the base is puffed up and the sauce is starting to turn golden in patches.
- Repeat with the rest of the dough and toppings - you may have a little white sauce left over which will keep for the next day in the fridge. Serve pizzas with fresh basil leaves or chilli oil if you like and sprinklevegan parmesanover the top just after baking.