- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 157
- Carbohydrate Content: 28g
- Fat Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 1.1g
- Sugar Content: 7g
Witch's cauldron with glow-in-the-dark goo Recipe
Witch's cauldron with glow-in-the-dark goo is a Halloween recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has bread, egg and poppy seed.
- Garlic Clove - 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- Onion - 1 onion, roughly chopped
- Egg - 1 egg, beaten
- Ground Cumin - 1 tsp ground cumin
- Butternut Squash - 1kg butternut squash chunks
- Bread - 1 large round loaf of bread
- Pitta Bread - extra toasted pitta bread, Sausage mummies (see goes well with) and cucumber sticks, to dip
- Poppy Seed - 100g bag poppy seed
- Ground Coriander - 1 tsp ground coriander
- Chilli Sauce - 2 tbsp chilli sauce, we used Lingham's
- Tomato Soup - 400g can cream of tomato soup
- Slice the top off the loaf, then scoop out the soft bread from the middle of the base, leaving the crust about 2.5cm thick all the way round. Slice the bread out in chunks for toasting to serve, or simply get the kids to pull it out with their fingers.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Brush the outside of the large 'cauldron' and lid all over with beaten egg, then roll the crust of the cauldron and lid in poppy seeds to coat - tipping them onto a big dinner plate first makes this easier. Sit on baking sheets, poppy seed-sides up, and bake for 10 mins. Set aside until you are ready to party.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the butternut squash, onion and garlic, then simmer until the squash and onion are tender. Drain really well, then tip into a food processor or blender with the soup, spices, chilli sauce and some seasoning and whizz to a smooth puree (or put back in the saucepan and whizz with a stick-blender). Set aside.
- Just before the guests are due to arrive, heat the dip in a microwave or saucepan - it should be nice and hot. Spoon into the bread cauldron, pop on the lid and carry to the party table, ready for dunking in the Sausage mummies (see goes well with), cucumber sticks and more toasted bread. And as the dip disappears, you can start to eat the cauldron, too!