- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 374
- Carbohydrate Content: 21g
- Fat Content: 21g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 26g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
- Sugar Content: 11g
Barbecued squid salad Recipe
Barbecued squid salad is a Healthy salad recipe for 6 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has squid, lime and extra virgin olive oil.
- Coriander - small pack coriander, leaves only, torn
- Garlic Clove - 3 garlic cloves, smashed flat
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Red Chilli - 1 large red chilli, finely shredded (deseeded if you don't like it too hot)
- Red Onion - 1 large red onion, finely sliced
- Lime - zest 3 limes (reserve the juice for the salad, and wedges, to serve)
- Black Bean - 400g can black bean, well rinsed then patted dry
- Avocado - 3 ripe avocados
- Squid - 800g fresh prepared squid
- Mango - 1 large mango, cut into small chunks
- Peppercorn - 1 1/2 tsp mixed peppercorn, crushed
- Heat the barbecue. Meanwhile, marinate the squid for at least 30 mins, or up to 4 hrs. First, slash the squid tubes all over at 5mm-1cm intervals on each side, cutting through most of the flesh but leaving the sides intact. If there are any particularly large tubes, cut them in half width-ways. Put into a non-metallic bowl with the other squid ingredients and leave to marinate.
- For the salad, toss the onion, mango and chilli with the lime juice (from the limes used for the squid) and a pinch of salt and leave for at least 10 mins, or until the onion turns pink. Add the beans to one side of the bowl.
- Halve, stone and scoop the avocado into the salad bowl, then add plenty of seasoning and season the squid with sea salt.
- When the barbecue is ready, barbecue the squid tubes and tentacles for no more than 11/2 mins in total - the flesh should just change from greyish to opaque and shrink up into a spiral shape where you've made your cuts. Toss the salad ingredients together very roughly, pile onto a platter and top with the hot squid and coriander. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve with lime wedges on the side.