- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 6 as a starter Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 287
- Carbohydrate Content: 22g
- Fat Content: 18g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.58g
- Sugar Content: 1g
Crispy squid with capers Recipe
Crispy squid with capers is a Tapas recipe for 6 as a starter people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has squid, plain flour and caper.
- Cut the squid into rings about 1/2 cm thick. Tip the flour into a freezer bag and season well. Add the capers, then give everything a good shake to mix together. Tip the squid into the bag, then shake again until all the rings are well coated. Mix together the garlic and mayonnaise, then place in a serving bowl.
- Pour some oil into a large pan until it comes about 7cm up the sides, but the pan is no more than a third full. Place over a medium heat and let the oil warm up. To test that the oil is ready, place a small piece of bread in the pan - it should sizzle when it touches the oil.
- Remove a handful of squid from the flour and shake off any excess. Gently drop into the oil, then cook for about 3 mins until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on kitchen paper. Repeat with the remaining squid. Serve straight away with the mayonnaise and lemon wedges.