- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 438
- Carbohydrate Content: 14g
- Fat Content: 29g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 31g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Sodium Content: 1.55g
- Sugar Content: 12g
Barbecued sticky Chinese pork chops Recipe
Barbecued sticky Chinese pork chops is a Easy barbecue recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has pork chop, five-spice and ground cinnamon.
- Garlic Clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Red Chilli - 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- Mint - small bunch mint, roughly chopped
- Lime - juice 2 limes
- Soy Sauce - 2 tbsp each soy sauce, brown sugar, honey
- Cucumber - 1 cucumber, halved lengthways, then sliced
- Brown Sugar - 2 tsp soft brown sugar
- Pork Chop - 4 pork chops
- Hoisin Sauce - 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- Shallot - 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- Ginger - thumb-sized piece ginger, grated
- Ground Cinnamon - 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Fish Sauce - 2 tsp fish sauce
- Dry Sherry - 1 tsp dry sherry, or Shaohsing rice wine
- Roasted Peanut - 50g roasted peanuts, chopped
- Five Spice - 1 tsp five-spice powder
- Make marinade by mixing ingredients together. Put chops in a shallow bowl or tray, pour marinade over, turning chops to make sure they are coated all over, and leave to stand for at least 30 mins.
- To make salad, put the fish sauce, lime juice and 1 tbsp water into a small bowl, add the sugar, then mix until dissolved. Stir in shallot and chilli. Put cucumber in a serving dish, sprinkle mint over, pour dressing over and scatter with peanuts.
- Heat the barbecue or griddle pan and cook chops on each side for 4-5 mins, until cooked. Serve with cucumber salad.