- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 500
- Carbohydrate Content: 46g
- Fat Content: 19g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 38g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 2.48g
- Sugar Content: 1g
Asian pork with rice noodle salad Recipe
Asian pork with rice noodle salad is a Vietnamese recipe for 4 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has lemongrass, ginger and chilli.
- Mint - handful chopped mint leaves
- Lime - zest and juice 1 lime
- Cucumber - 1/2 cucumber
- Chilli - 1/2 red chilli, finely chopped
- Pork Chop - 4 pork chops
- Sunflower Oil - 1 tsp sunflower oil
- Ginger - 1 tsp finely-grated fresh root ginger
- Caster Sugar - 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- Fish Sauce - 3 tbsp fish sauce
- Lemongrass - 1 tsp lemongrass paste (we used Bart's)
- Rice Noodle - 200g thin rice noodle
- Mix together the lemongrass paste, ginger, chilli, oil and 1 tbsp of the fish sauce. Smear the mixture all over the pork chops, then set aside to marinate while you make the salad.
- Tip the noodles into a large bowl. Pour over a kettleful of boiling water, then leave to sit for 5 mins until the noodles are soft (or prepare them according to pack instructions). Drain the noodles into a sieve. Run under the cold tap until cool, then drain again and tip back into the bowl. Whisk the remaining 2 tbsp fish sauce with the lime zest and juice and sugar. Pour over the cold noodles. Slice the cucumber into thin strips, then toss through the salad along with the mint leaves.
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot. Griddle the chops for 5 mins on each side or until cooked through, then serve alongside the noodle salad.