- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 430
- Carbohydrate Content: 60g
- Fat Content: 13g
- Fiber Content: 15g
- Protein Content: 23g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 1.36g
- Sugar Content: 17g
Bean enchiladas Recipe
Bean enchiladas is a Vegetarian chilli recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion and carrot.
- Chilli Powder - 2-3 tsp chilli powder (mild or hot, according to your taste)
- Olive Oil - 1 tsp olive oil
- Onion - 2 onions, chopped
- Pulses - 2 x 400g cans pulses in water, drained (we used mixed beans and lentils)
- Tomato - 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- Cheddar - 50g extra-mature cheddar cheese (or veg alternative), finely grated
- Carrot - 280g carrots, grated
- Tortilla - 6 small wholemeal tortillas
- Natural Yogurt - 200g low-fat natural yogurt
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Cook the onions and carrots for 5-8 mins until soft - add a splash of water if they start to stick. Sprinkle in the chilli powder and cook for 1 min more. Pour in the tomatoes and pulses and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 5-10 mins, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Remove from the heat and season well.
- Heat grill to high. Spread a spoonful of the bean chilli over a large ovenproof dish. Lay each tortilla onto a board, fill with a few tbsp of chilli mixture, fold over the ends and roll up to seal. Place them into the ovenproof dish. Spoon the remaining chilli on top.
- Mix the yogurt and grated cheese together with some seasoning, and spoon over the enchiladas. Grill for a few mins until the top is golden and bubbling. Serve with a green salad.