- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Serving: 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 723
- Carbohydrate Content: 62g
- Fat Content: 52g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 31g
- Sodium Content: 0.34g
- Sugar Content: 55g
Black Forest trifle Recipe
Black Forest trifle is a Retro party recipe for 8 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has custard, plain chocolate and chocolate.
- Creme Fraiche - 200ml tub creme fraiche
- Double Cream - 300g tub double cream
- Icing Sugar - 25g icing sugar
- Plain Chocolate - 100g plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- Custard - 500ml tub ready-made chilled custard - look for one with real vanilla seeds
- Cherry - 2 x 390g jars cherries in kirsch or similar
- Chocolate - 400g chocolate brownies
- Put the custard into a pan with the chocolate pieces. Gently heat, stirring, until the chocolate has melted into the custard. Cover with cling film and cool.
- Arrange the brownies in the base of a trifle bowl. Drain the jars of cherries, reserving the liquid, and scatter over the brownies. Drizzle over 100ml reserved liquid. Spoon the cooled chocolate custard over and chill while you make the topping.
- Lightly whip the cream with the creme fraiche and icing sugar until soft peaks form. Chill until ready to serve, then pile on top of the trifle and decorate with grated chocolate and fresh cherries, if you like.