- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 313
- Carbohydrate Content: 46g
- Fat Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.47g
- Sugar Content: 0g
Butternut squash casserole Recipe
Butternut squash casserole is a Vegetarian casserole recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion and garlic.
- Red Wine - 200ml red wine
- Red Pepper - 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- Onion - 1 onion, sliced
- Chopped Tomato - 400g can chopped tomato
- Vegetable Stock - 300ml vegetable stock
- Cheddar - a little grated vegetarian cheddar cheese
- Greek Yogurt - 4 spoonfuls Greek yogurt
- Paprika - 1 tbsp paprika
- Butternut Squash - 1 butternut squash (about 550g/1lb 4oz), peeled and chopped
- Sweet Potato - 225g sweet potato, cubed
- Cumin Seed - 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Garlic - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Bulgur Wheat - 75g bulgur wheat
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil, then cook onion and garlic for 5-7 mins until the onion is softened. Add the cumin seeds and paprika, then cook for a further 2 mins. Stir in the sweet potato, red pepper and butternut squash and toss with the onion and spices for 2 mins.
- Pour in the tomatoes, red wine and vegetable stock, season, then simmer gently for 15 mins. Stir in the bulgur wheat, cover with a lid, then simmer for 15 mins more until the vegetables are tender, the bulgur wheat is cooked and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Serve in bowls topped with a spoonful of Greek-style yogurt and some grated vegetarian cheddar.