- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 60
- Carbohydrate Content: 7g
- Fat Content: 3g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 1g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
- Sugar Content: 2g
Carrot & caraway crackers Recipe
Carrot & caraway crackers is a Vegan Christmas recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has olive oil, shallot and garlic clove.
- Garlic Clove - 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- Vegetable Stock - 300ml vegan vegetable stock
- Carrot - 400g carrots, roughly chopped
- Dill - 1/2 small pack dill, leaves picked, to serve
- Shallot - 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- Caraway Seeds - 1 tsp caraway seeds
- Crackers - 20 crunchy vegan crackers (such as an olive oil toast)
- Veg Crisps - 20 veg crisps (we used a small bag of Tyrells), to serve
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the shallot and a pinch of salt, and cook for 6 mins until softened. Stir in the garlic and caraway seeds and cook for 1 min more, then add the carrot and veg stock, bring to a boil and simmer for 12 mins.
- Once the carrots are completely soft, drain them (reserve the liquid) andblitzto a smooth puree - add a tbsp of the reserved stock initially, but use more if necessary to get the desired consistency. Season and leave to cool. The puree can be made a day ahead and kept in the fridge.
- To serve, spoon the puree - or, if you want to be extra fancy, transfer it to a piping bag and pipe it - onto the oatcakes and top each with a little dill and a veg crisp.