- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 542
- Carbohydrate Content: 54g
- Fat Content: 29g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 19g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14g
- Sodium Content: 3.6g
- Sugar Content: 5g
Cheese & bacon scone pizza Recipe
Cheese & bacon scone pizza is a Pizza recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has plain flour, salt and baking powder.
- Cherry Tomato - about 6-8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- Streaky Bacon - 4 rashers streaky bacon, chopped
- Spring Onion - 5 spring onions, thinly sliced (the white and green parts)
- Egg - 2 eggs
- Milk - 3 tbsp milk
- Cheddar - 85g mature cheddar, grated
- Butter - 50g butter, chopped
- Tomato Puree - 2 tbsp tomato ketchup mixed with 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Plain Flour - 250g plain flour
- Baking Powder - 2 tsp baking powder
- Salt - 1 tsp salt
- Green Pepper - 1 green pepper, quartered, deseeded and thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7. Mix the flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl, then rub in the butter until it disappears. Mix the eggs and milk together, then stir into the dry ingredients to make a soft dough. Shape into a round on a lightly floured surface, lift onto a non-stick baking tray, then press out to a circle about 24cm across to make the pizza base.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, then stir-fry the pepper and bacon until the pepper is soft. Take off the heat, then stir in the spring onion.
- Spread the ketchup over the pizza base, then evenly tip over the pepper and bacon mixture. Scatter over the tomatoes, followed by the cheese. Bake for 15 mins until golden. Serve with a salad or coleslaw.