- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 - 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 192
- Carbohydrate Content: 8g
- Fat Content: 13g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Sodium Content: 0.74g
- Sugar Content: 8g
Cheese & chive coleslaw Recipe
Cheese & chive coleslaw is a Healthy picnic recipe for 4 - 6 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has white cabbage, carrot and red onion.
- Red Onion - 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- Cheddar - 100g reduced-fat mature cheddar, grated
- Carrot - 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- Natural Yogurt - 3 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
- Mayonnaise - 3 tbsp good-quality mayonnaise
- Chive - 20g pack chives
- Dijon Mustard - 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- White Cabbage - 1 white cabbage (about 400g/14 oz)
- Cut the cabbage in half, then cut it into quarters. Remove and discard core, then thinly shred cabbage. Put into a large mixing bowl. Add the carrot, onion, mayonnaise, yogurt and mustard. Snip in most of the chives.
- Mix coleslaw well with your hands, making sure every bit of salad is coated in the dressing. Season, then cover and chill or serve sprinkled with the cheese and the remaining chives.