- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 12 - 15 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 93
- Carbohydrate Content: 12g
- Fat Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
- Sugar Content: 12g
Festive red salad Recipe
Festive red salad is a Healthy Christmas side dish recipe for 12 - 15 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has red cabbage, red onion and apple.
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- Red Onion - 2 small red onions, diced
- Beetroot - 250g pack cooked beetroot, diced
- Red Cabbage - 1 red cabbage - about 650g
- Orange - 2 large oranges
- Apple - 2 red apples, cored and diced
- Red Wine Vinegar - 5 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Clear Honey - 2 tbsp clear honey
- Walnut Piece - 50g walnut piece, roughly chopped
- Redcurrant Jelly - 3 tbsp redcurrant jelly
- Quarter the cabbage, then cut out the white core at the bottom and discard. Finely shred the cabbage and tip into a large mixing bowl with the onions, apples, beetroot and walnuts. Finely grate over the zest from the oranges.
- Cut a little from the top and bottom of each orange, so they sit flat on your work surface. Use a small, serrated knife to cut away the peel and pith in strips down the orange. Holding each orange over a bowl, cut away the segments, letting them and any juice drop into the bowl. Squeeze any juice left in the membranes into the bowl, too. Fish out the segments, roughly chop and add to the salad.
- Whisk the red wine vinegar, redcurrant jelly, honey and oil into the orange juice with some seasoning, then stir into the salad.Will keep for 3-4 days in the fridge.