- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Serving: 6 (3 gift bags) Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 267
- Carbohydrate Content: 35g
- Fat Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
- Sugar Content: 34g
Chilli & fennel frosted nuts Recipe
Edible gift recipe for 6 (3 gift bags) people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has caster sugar, fennel seeds, chilli flakes, nuts and sea salt.
- Put the sugar and 150ml water in a pan, bring to the boil, then reduce by half, but don't let it caramelise - remove swiftly from the heat if this begins to happen.
- Tip the fennel seeds and chilli into amortarand gently crush using a pestle (or use a heavy saucepan and arolling pin) to just crack the seeds and break down the chilli a little.
- Add the fennel and chilli to the sugar along with the nuts and 1 1/2 tsp sea salt, stirring quickly to crystallise the sugar. Scrape the nuts out of the pan and on to a baking sheet lined with non-stick parchment. Leave to cool.