- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Serving: 10 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 357
- Carbohydrate Content: 17g
- Fat Content: 19g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 28g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Sodium Content: 1.2g
- Sugar Content: 7g
Chilli Marrakech Recipe
Chilli Marrakech is a Batch cooking recipe for 10 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has cumin seed, olive oil and onion.
- Coriander - 2 x 20g packs coriander, most chopped, a few leaves left whole to serve
- Red Pepper - 3 red peppers, deseeded and cut into large chunks
- Garlic Clove - 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- Onion - 3 onions, halved and thinly sliced
- Chopped Tomato - 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- Chickpea - 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained
- Paprika - 1 tbsp paprika
- Ginger - 2 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- Cumin Seed - 1 1/2 tbsp cumin seed
- Ground Cinnamon - 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Harissa - 3 tbsp harissa
- Ground Coriander - 1 1/2 tbsp ground coriander
- Lamb Mince - 3 x 400g packs lean lamb mince
- Lamb Stock - 500ml beef or lamb stock, made with 2 cubes
- Heat your largest non-stick wok or pan, tip in the cumin seeds and toast for a few secs. Remove. Add the oil to the pan and fry the onions for 5 mins until starting to colour. Add the mince, ginger and garlic, and cook, breaking up the mince with your wooden spoon, until no longer pink. Drain any excess liquid or fat from the pan.
- Stir in the tomatoes, toasted cumin, remaining spices and harissa - add more spice if you like an extra kick. Add the peppers, chickpeas, three-quarters of the chopped coriander and the stock. Cover and cook for 40 mins, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is slightly thickened. Remove from the heat. Cool, then stir in the remaining chopped coriander. Can be served or frozen at this point.
- Pack into freezer bags and smooth the mince through the bag to flatten. Use within 3 months. To serve, remove from the bags and heat from frozen in a pan on the hob with a little water until bubbling hot, then scatter with coriander.