- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 5 - 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 747
- Carbohydrate Content: 86g
- Fat Content: 28g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 40g
- Saturated Fat Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 3.47g
- Sugar Content: 15g
Classic Amatriciana bucatini Recipe
Classic Amatriciana bucatini is a Italian recipe for 5 - 6 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has tomato, bacon and red chilli.
- Red Chilli - 2 small red chillies
- Tomato - 2kg tomatoes - cherry, plum or ordinary - roughly chopped
- Bucatini - 500g bag bucatini
- Bacon - 250g smoked bacon, cut into strips, or cubetti di pancetta
- Pecorino - 200g pecorino, grated
- Put the tomatoes into a food processor in batches and whizz to a fine pulp. Sieve into a large pan, in batches again, pressing through as much tomato as you can with a wooden spoon. Simmer for 20-30 mins until the sauce has reduced by a third to about 700ml. This homemade passata can now be frozen.
- Put the bacon or pancetta into a cold, large, heavy-based frying pan. Place over a medium heat - the fat will slowly melt and the bacon will cook. Add the whole chillies (don't worry, they come out at the end) and cook for 8-10 mins with the bacon until the bacon is sizzling and golden all over. Stir in the tomato sauce, bring to the boil and simmer for 4-5 mins.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta, then drain well. While still hot, tip it into the sauce, sprinkle with most of the cheese and stir well. Remove the whole chillies, dish the pasta onto plates and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.