- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 - 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 463
- Carbohydrate Content: 25g
- Fat Content: 26g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 31g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
- Sugar Content: 9g
Classic meatloaf with tomato sauce Recipe
Classic meatloaf with tomato sauce is a Family picnic recipe for 4 - 6 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion and garlic clove.
- Garlic Clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- Onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- Egg - 1 egg
- Carrot - 1 carrot, finely chopped
- Celery Stick - 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- Tomato Puree - 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Passata - 500ml passata with basil
- Beef Mince - 500g beef mince
- Peas - peas and mash, to serve (optional)
- Breadcrumbs - 85g fresh breadcrumbs
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the onion, cook for 4-5 mins over a low heat, then stir in the garlic. Leave to cool completely.
- To make the tomato sauce, heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion, carrot and celery for 3-4 mins, then add the garlic and cook for a minute. Add the passata and bring to a simmer, then season and cook for 5 mins.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Mix the cooled onion with the tomato puree, mince, egg and breadcrumbs, and season. Line a 900g loaf tin with a liner or baking parchment and pack in the meatloaf mixture. Cook for 20-25 mins or until a skewer poked into the centre feels roasting hot when pulled out. Leave to rest for 10 mins before lifting out of the tin.
- Serve slices of the meatloaf with some tomato sauce spooned over. Wrap any remaining meatloaf and use it as a sandwich filling for a lunchbox.Can be frozen for up to a month.