- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Serving: 6 adults and 6 kids Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 180
- Carbohydrate Content: 26g
- Fat Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 1.2g
- Sugar Content: 17g
Creamy tomato soup Recipe
Creamy tomato soup is a Healthy autumn recipe for 6 adults and 6 kids people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion and celery.
- Olive Oil - 3 tbsp olive oil
- Onion - 2 onions, chopped
- Chopped Tomato - 4 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- Vegetable Stock - 3 vegetable stock cubes
- Carrot - 300g carrot, chopped
- Sugar - 2 tbsp sugar
- Bay Leaf - 4 bay leaves
- Tomato Puree - 5 tbsp tomato puree
- Passata - 500g passata
- White Wine Vinegar - 2 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- Potato - 500g potato, diced
- Celery - 2 celery sticks, chopped
- Whole Milk - 400ml whole milk
- Put the oil, onions, celery, carrots, potatoes and bay leaves in a big casserole dish, or two saucepans. Fry gently until the onions are softened - about 10-15 mins. Fill the kettle and boil it.
- Stir in the tomato puree, sugar, vinegar, chopped tomatoes and passata, then crumble in the stock cubes. Add 1 litre boiling water and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 15 mins until the potato is tender, then remove the bay leaves. Puree with a stick blender (or ladle into a blender in batches) until very smooth. Season to taste and add a pinch more sugar if it needs it.The soup can now be cooled and chilled for up to 2 days, or frozen for up to 3 months.
- To serve, reheat the soup, stirring in the milk - try not to let it boil. Serve in small bowls for the children with cheesy sausage rolls then later in bowls for the adults as Hot Bloody Mary soup (see 'Goes well with' recipes, below).