- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Serving: 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 284
- Carbohydrate Content: 27g
- Fat Content: 13g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Sodium Content: 1.1g
- Sugar Content: 24g
Cauliflower & apple soup Recipe
Cauliflower & apple soup is a 7-a-day recipe for 8 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has butter, onion and cauliflower.
- Olive Oil - olive oil, for drizzling
- Onion - 4 onions, thinly sliced
- Vegetable Stock - 2 vegetable stock cubes, or gluten-free alternative, crumbled
- Milk - 1 1/2 l milk
- Butter - 50g butter
- Apple - 8 eating apples - 6 cored, peeled and chopped, 2 unpeeled and cut into matchsticks
- Cauliflower - 1 1/2 kg cauliflower (about 2 large cauliflowers), broken up into very small florets
- Thyme Sprig - a few thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- Single Cream - 8 tbsp single cream
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the onions and fry gently until softened. Add the cauliflower and diced apple and fry for 5 more mins. Add the stock cubes and milk and bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 mins, or until the cauliflower and apples are tender.
- Use a hand blender or liquidiser to puree the soup until smooth and season (the soup can now be chilled for up to 48 hours or frozen, just reheat to serve). Divide into bowls and swirl 1 tbsp cream in each along with a drizzle of oil. Top with the apple matchsticks and thyme.