- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 10 - 12 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 214
- Carbohydrate Content: 4g
- Fat Content: 14g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 17g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 1g
- Sugar Content: 3g
Dukkah-spiced BBQ chicken wings Recipe
Dukkah-spiced BBQ chicken wings is a Easy barbecue recipe for 10 - 12 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has sesame seed, cumin seed and coriander seed.
- Coriander - small handful coriander leaves, stems discarded
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- Lemon - juice 1 lemon, plus extra wedges to serve
- Paprika - 1 tsp paprika
- Tahini Paste - 1 tbsp tahini paste
- Cumin Seed - 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- Coriander Seed - 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- Black Pepper - 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- Sesame Seed - 50g sesame seeds
- Pomegranate Seed - handful pomegranate seeds (from a tub or whole fruit)
- Chicken Wing - 25 chicken wings
- To make dukkah, toast the sesame seeds in a frying pan until lightly golden, then transfer to a bowl. In the same pan, toast the cumin and coriander seeds until fragrant. Now combine all the spices, sesame seeds and some seasoning in a mini food processor, coffee grinder or pestle and mortar and blend to a coarse mix.
- Mix the lemon juice, olive oil and tahini paste and rub all over the chicken wings. Leave to marinate in the fridge for 1 hr.
- Reserve 1 tbsp of the dukkah mix and sprinkle the rest over the wings with 1 tsp salt. Toss to coat, and leave for up to 24 hrs in the fridge.
- Light the barbecue and wait until the coals are covered with a thin layer of white ash, which means it is hot enough to cook (or heat oven to 200C/ 180C fan/gas 6). Barbecue the wings, turning, for 25-30 mins until charred and cooked through (or roast in the oven for 45-50 mins). Transfer the wings to a big platter. Scatter over the reserved dukkah, the pomegranate seeds and coriander leaves, and serve with lemon wedges.