- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 6 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 478
- Carbohydrate Content: 66g
- Fat Content: 22g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.66g
- Sugar Content: 24g
Feel-good muffins Recipe
Feel-good muffins is a Muffin recipe for 6 - 8 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has self-raising flour, porridge oat and muscovado sugar.
- Egg - 1 egg, beaten
- Sunflower Oil - 6 tbsp sunflower oil
- Bicarbonate Of Soda - 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Ground Cinnamon - 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Self Raising Flour - 175g self-raising flour
- Muscovado Sugar - 140g light muscovado sugar
- Porridge Oat - 50g porridge oats
- Buttermilk - 150ml 1/4 pint buttermilk
- Pecan - 85g pecans
- Prune - 175g stoned prune, chopped
- Vanilla - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 200C/gas 6/fan 180C. Butter 6-8 muffin tins or line them with muffin cases. Put the flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda in a large bowl, then rub everything through your fingers, as if making pastry, to ensure the ingredients are evenly blended.
- Beat the egg, then stir in the buttermilk, vanilla and oil. Lightly stir the egg mix into the flour.
- Fold the prunes and nuts into the mixture.
- Divide between the tins, filling the cases to the brim, then bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden. Serve warm or cold.