- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 213
- Carbohydrate Content: 38g
- Fat Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.42g
- Sugar Content: 21g
Rhubarb crumble muffins Recipe
Rhubarb crumble muffins is a Healthy spring recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has caster sugar, rhubarb and sunflower oil.
- Egg - 1 egg
- Butter - 50g butter
- Sunflower Oil - 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- Caster Sugar - 175g caster sugar
- Plain Flour - 200g plain flour
- Bicarbonate Of Soda - 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Ground Cinnamon - 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp baking powder
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Porridge Oat - 25g porridge oats
- Buttermilk - 125ml buttermilk
- Light Muscovado Sugar - 50g light muscovado sugar
- Rhubarb - 175g rhubarb, halved lengthways then diced
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases. Stir the sugar and rhubarb together and set aside while you make the crumble topping. Mix together the muscovado sugar with the flour, oats and cinnamon, then rub in the butter until clumpy with your fingertips.
- Stir the oil and egg, vanilla and buttermilk into the sugary rhubarb (don't worry if it's a little bit juicy). Now, add the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and stir well.
- Quickly spoon into the cases, then scatter each with a thick layer of the crumble mixture. Bake for 15-18 mins until golden and a cocktail stick poked into the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.