- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 2 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 332
- Carbohydrate Content: 45g
- Fat Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
- Sugar Content: 12g
Green rice with beetroot & apple salsa Recipe
Green rice with beetroot & apple salsa is a Healthy rice recipe for 2 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has brown basmati rice, green bean and cucumber.
- Red Onion - 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Spring Onion - 1/2 bunch spring onions (about 5), sliced
- Mint - 1/3 pack mint, chopped, plus extra leaves to serve
- Beetroot - 1 cooked beetroot, diced
- Green Bean - 140g fine green beans
- Lemon - juice 1/2 lemon
- Cucumber - 1/2 small cucumber, finely diced
- Balsamic Vinegar - 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Apple - 1 small apple, cored and diced
- Brown Basmati Rice - 85g brown basmati rice
- Walnut Half - 25g walnut halves, roughly broken
- Boil the rice for 20 mins, then add the green beans and cook 5 mins more until both are just tender. Drain and leave to cool slightly before stirring in the cucumber, spring onions, mint and lemon juice.
- Meanwhile, stir all the salsa ingredients together.
- Spoon the rice onto plates and serve with the salsa, scattered with a few extra mint leaves.