- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 3 - 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 497
- Carbohydrate Content: 61g
- Fat Content: 15g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 34g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 1.42g
- Sugar Content: 6g
Zingy salmon & brown rice salad Recipe
Cholesterol-friendly recipe for 3 - 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has basmati rice, soya bean, salmon fillet, cucumber, spring onion, coriander, lime, red chilli and light soy sauce.
- Coriander - small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- Red Chilli - 1 red chilli, diced, deseeded if you like
- Spring Onion - small bunch spring onions, sliced
- Lime - zest and juice 1 lime
- Cucumber - 1 cucumber, diced
- Salmon Fillet - 2 salmon fillets
- Basmati Rice - 200g brown basmati rice
- Soya Bean - 200g frozen soya beans, defrosted
- Light Soy Sauce - 4 tsp light soy sauce
- Cook the rice following pack instructions and 3 mins before it's done, add the soya beans. Drain and cool under cold running water.
- Meanwhile, put the salmon on a plate, then microwave on High for 3 mins or until cooked through. Allow to cool slightly, remove the skin with a fork, then flake.
- Gently fold the cucumber, spring onions, coriander and salmon into the rice and beans. In a separate bowl, mix the lime zest and juice, chilli and soy, then pour over the rice before serving.